The Distance and Online Learning Help Desk provides support for Distance and Online Learning courses and the Blackboard/Portal system.
- Request Help Form: The best way for both students and faculty to get their problems logged and known by the Distance and Online Learning Help Desk.
- E-mail: DLHelp@hvcc.edu
- Telephone: 518-629-7070
- In-person: stop by the office during office hours, we are located in Bulmer Telecommunications Center (BTC) 1042
- Office Hours:
- Regular: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Summer: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Please note: the help desk is closed when the college is closed for breaks, please check the academic calendar here for dates, or inclement weather.
- By Appointment for Faculty: online course development, reformatting course materials, learning new functions in Blackboard, developing multimedia, web technologies, and more. We can give you undivided attention if you make an appointment for a specific time. We also offer various workshops throughout each semester.
Open SUNY Help Desk
Evening and Weekend support is provided by the Open SUNY Help Desk. Please contact them directly by using the following contact information:
- Internet: open.suny.edu/help for the web page which gives hours, contact information, Help Ticket submission and Chat application when it is on
- Phone: 1-844-673-6786 (OPENSUNY) and/or direct 518-320-1300
- Monday through Thursday from 5pm-9pm
- There are no extended Help Desk hours on Friday.
- Saturday from 10am-5pm
- Sunday from 1pm-9pm