Distance and Online Learning Help Desk
The Distance and Online Learning Help Desk provides support for Distance and Online Learning courses and the Blackboard/Portal system. We strive to respond immediately during business hours and within twenty-four hours for after hour requests.
- Request Help Form: The best way for both students and faculty to get their problems logged and known by the Distance and Online Learning Help Desk.
- E-mail: DLHelp@hvcc.edu
- Telephone: 518-629-7070
- In-person: stop by the office during office hours, we are located in Bulmer Telecommunications Center (BTC) 1042
- Office Hours:
- Regular: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Summer: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Weekends: Weekend support is available by phone and email, you should receive a response within 24 hours.
- Please note: the help desk is closed when the college is closed for breaks, please check the academic calendar here for dates, or inclement weather.
- By Appointment for Faculty: online course development, reformatting course materials, learning new functions in Blackboard, developing multimedia, Web 2.0 technologies, and more. We can give you undivided attention if you make an appointment for a specific time. We also offer various workshops throughout each semester.