The Distance and Online Learning Help Desk provides support for Distance and Online Learning courses and the Blackboard/Portal system.
- Request Help Form: The best way for both students and faculty to get their problems logged and known by the Distance and Online Learning Help Desk.
- E-mail: DLHelp@hvcc.edu
- Telephone: 518-629-7070
- In-person: stop by the office during office hours, we are located in Bulmer Telecommunications Center (BTC) 1042
- Office Hours:
- Regular: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Summer: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Please note: the help desk is closed when the college is closed for breaks, please check the academic calendar here for dates, or inclement weather.
- By Appointment for Faculty: online course development, reformatting course materials, learning new functions in Blackboard, developing multimedia, web technologies, and more. We can give you undivided attention if you make an appointment for a specific time. We also offer various workshops throughout each semester.
Open SUNY Help Desk – Evenings & Weekends
Evening and Weekend support is provided by the Open SUNY Help Desk. Please contact them directly by using the following contact information:
- Internet: open.suny.edu/help for the web page which gives hours, contact information, Help Ticket submission and Chat application when it is on
- Phone: 1-844-673-6786 (OPENSUNY) and/or direct 518-320-1300
- Monday through Friday from 5pm-midnight
- Saturday from 10am-5pm
- Sunday from 1pm-9pm
Need Help with Turnitin, VoiceThread, Publishers, etc.