Add a Blackboard Server
Important Note: you only have to configure the server settings once unless there is an update to the software that requires a new installation of the software. If you have trouble connecting to the server you may want to perform these steps again to confirm you have the right server settings.
- Proceed to the next step, if you have already completed the following:
- Close all browser windows
- Open Internet Explorer ONLY – Not Edge
- Open Respondus
- Open a Respondus File or Import Questions into Respondus
- Select the Preview & Publish tab
- Select Publish to Blackboard
- Select Publish Wizard
- From the Blackboard Server drop down menu select -add new server –
Note: not sure how we got to this point? Please view one of the following tutorials to get started. Publish to Blackboard: Single Course (most commonly used) or Publish to Blackboard: Multiple Courses.
- Select Yes, check for preconfigured server settings.
- Select Next.
- Enter BBPROD in the name field.
- Select Next.
- The HVCC CAS login screen will appear in a framed window, enter your HVCC credentials and select login. The Blackboard Home Tab will display.
- Select the Close After Login button in the upper right corner of the screen.
DO NOT log out of Blackboard or Respondus will fail. This is now the authentication method for the product.
- Select Next to continue with the Publish Wizard.
- Select Finish.
- Proceed with Publishing your Respondus test.