Yes. But, keep in mind that after the export/import process, announcements will display as being from the Blackboard Administrator, not you (the instructor). Additionally, the announcements will display the creation date not the most current date for a term, which can be misleading to students.
What is the best way to Reuse Old Announcements?
- Edit them – if you edit an Old Announcement, then they display name will change to being from the instructor and it will also change the posted date to the current date.
- Recreate them – if you recreate old Announcements, they too will display as being from the instructor and reflect the current date. You can do this by:
- either, Retyping an old announcement into a new announcement in the new course
- or, copying and pasting the text from old announcements into a WordPad file (do not use Word or WordPerfect, problems may occur) and save the file.
- Delete the old announcements in the new course
- Copy and Paste the text from the WordPad file into a new announcement in the new course