It is recommended that you archive your course; it can serve as your historical record of course work. The archived course file contains the course material with the student course submissions (discussion, Bb quizzes/tests and assignments). It is recommended that you archive at the end of each term, once you’ve submitted student grades.
Important Note: Unlike export files, archive files need to be restored and ONLY a system administrator can restore a course.
- From the Control Panel
- Select Packages and Utilities
- Select Export/Archive Course
Note: If this is your first time exporting/archiving your course, you will see a message that says, “No packages exist for this course.”
- Choose Archive Course
- Select Copy Options
- Select the Check box next to: “Include Grade Center History (Increases file size and processing time)”
- File Attachments
- Choose – Copy links and include copies of the files in the course default directory
- Choose – Copy links and include copies of the files outside of the course default directory
- Select Submit
- A green confirmation bar appears: “Success: This action has been queued. An email will be sent when process is complete.”
- Wait a few minutes. Then check your HVCC email for a message from Blackboard Administrator, this message will indicate that the course has been successfully archived
- Now, return back to the course you just archived
- Select Packages and Utilities, and then select Export/Archive Course again
Note: Yes, you do have to enter the Export/Archive Manager for a second time.
- Select the link for the most recent archive file package.
- Select Save and choose a location to save the archive file to your computer (i.e. the desktop or your H: Drive). The archived file will be saved as a compressed file (.zip format). (Aren’t sure where your file saved to? Please contact us for assistance.)
- If needed, the archived file will need to be imported by a Blackboard System Administrator – contact Distance and Online Learning Help Desk at DLhelp@hvcc.edu