With the exception of minor text changes, such as correcting a typo, a Pool should not be modified if Students have already begun taking an Assessment that draws questions from the Pool.Pools are sets of questions that can be added to any test or survey.
- From the Control Panel
- Select Course Tools
- Select Tests, Surveys, and Pools
- Select Pools
- Select Build Pool
- Pool Information
- Enter pool information in the Name, Description, and/or Instructions fields
- Select Submit
- A green confirmation bar appears: “Success: name of pool created.”
- From the Pool Canvas page
- Select Question Settings (located on the right-hand side of the page)
- Choose and set question setting options:
Important Note: It’s best to set these options prior to building a pool so all options are available to you as you create questions, etc.
- Feedback: Select the check box to be able to provide feedback for individual answers.
- Images, Files, and Web Links
- Add images, files, and web links to questions: select the check box to be able to add images, files, and web links to questions
- Add images, files, and web links to answers: select the check box to be able to add images, files, and web links to question answers
- Question Metadata:
- Select the check box to add categories and keywords to questions
- Scoring: (Recommended)
- Select the check box to Specify default points when creating questions and
- Enter a desired Default point value in the field
- Select one of the following:
- Use the currently assigned points when finding and adding questions.
- Use default points when finding and adding questions.
- Display (Recommended)
- Select the check box to be able to Specify random ordering of answers.
- Select the check box to be able to Specify the horizontal or vertical display of answers.
- Select the check box to be able to Specify numbering options for answers.
- Select Submit
- A green confirmation bar appears: “Success: Question Settings saved.”
- From the Pool Canvas page, select Find Questions
- From Browse Criteria (on the left):
- Expand criteria types to view options by selecting one or more of the following: Pools, Tests, Question Types, Categories, Topics, Levels of Difficulty, or Keywords
- Choose your criteria for searching by selecting check box(es)
- From Criteria Summary (on the right):
- When satisfied with selected questions, select Submit
- A green confirmation bar appears: “Success: Questions added.”