Important Note: if you enable Forum grading, do not disable grading after you have begun grading your students’ work, or you will lose all of those grades!
Note: To create a new Discussion Board Forum and set up grading, see the tutorial on, Create Forum.
- From the Discussion Board Forum page
- Select the Down arrow next to the Forum title you want to enable grading for
- Select Edit
- Forum Information
- Make changes to the Name and/or Description fields
- Forum Availability
- Make any changes to the Item Availability, Display After date/time, and/or Display Until date/time
- Forum Settings
- Select “Grade Discussion Forum: Points possible:” and enter points in the text field
- Select/Unselect the check box for “Show participants in “needs grading” status after every ___ Posts.”
- From the drop down menu select the number of posts, for example 3.
- Associated Rubrics:
- If desired, click Add Rubric to use a grading rubric for the assignment. Go here for more information on this process.
- Select Submit
- A green confirmation bar appears: “Success: Forum name of forum edited.”