The Using the Performance Dashboard tutorial provided by Blackboard provides further explanations on working and using this tool.
Accessing the Performance Dashboard
- From the Control Panel
- Select Evaluation
- Select Performance Dashboard
Performance Dashboard Page Displays
- Last Name
- First Name
- Last Course Access
- Days Since Last Course Access
- Review Status – Only displayed if this tool is enabled. Displays how many items have been reviewed; a detailed view of items may be opened in a new window.
- Adaptive Release – Only displayed if this tool is enabled. An overview of the Student path may be opened in a new window.
- Discussion Board – Only displayed if this tool is enabled. Provides links to the Discussion Board comments.
- Customize Retention Center – The Retention Status column will only display if the tool is turned on in the Course. This column displays alerts for student risk factors in the following areas: missed deadlines, grades, activity alerts and access alerts. Shows the number of alerts and the number of total rules that may trigger a warning. Clicking on the data in this column will open the Retention Status System.
- View Grades – Only displayed if the Grade Center is enabled. Provides links to the Grade Center: User grade List page for that user.
- You can select the Printer icon to open the page in a new printer-friendly format window. All applicable columns may be sorted.
Understanding the Review Status Indicator
- The Review Status column is only visible if Review Status has been enabled for the content such as folders.
- The numbers provided in the Review Status column of the Performance Dashboard indicate the number of items that a Student has marked as Reviewed.
- Using Adaptive Release rules in a Course creates multiple tracks for Students to progress through. This allows for the possibility that each Student will have a different requirement for marking certain items in a Course as Reviewed. At any time in a Course, items in a Student’s track may or may not be visible to them. The Performance Dashboard provides an at-this-moment view of the item availability and the Student’s progress on reviewing items.
- The Review Status indicator links to a list of the items that the user sees as Reviewed and Mark Reviewed in the Course.
Adaptive Release Indicator
- The Adaptive Release column is only visible if Adaptive Release has been enabled for the content such as Folders, test, etc.
- From the Performance Dashboard instructors can review student progress by selecting the Adaptive Release indicator for a student. From the Course Menu display instructors can view all items within the course. Icons appear beside each item in the Course Menu Map, indicating the visibility of the item for the select student user. Instructors can also check the review status of any items that contains a review status requirement.