The same can happen when copying and pasting from web pages. In these cases, you are bringing behind the scenes HTML code that interferes with the code for Blackboard and again confuses the browsers and the end result is a broken page or something else.
The new Content Editor (Text Editor) in Blackboard now has a “Format Cleaner” which allows you to copy content and clean up any residual code in the background. You can then format the text as fit using the tools provided for the Content Editor. Additionally, if you have text that isn’t formatting the way you like you can remove the formatting easily by using the Format Cleaner.
- Copy content/text from a document using keyboard short cuts
- “Ctrl C” (Command C for Mac)
- Go to Blackboard
- Navigate to a Content Editor (Text Editor) item in a course (i.e. discussion board, blog, journal, etc.)
- Place the cursor in the text box and paste the content using the keyboard short cuts
- “Ctrl V” (Command V for Mac)
- In the text box editor, highlight the text you want to format
- Select the Remove Formatting icon from the tool content editor menu
- If the Remove Formatting icon is not available you will need to expand the tool bar menu by selecting the Show More/Less Chevron
- Now format the text using the tools provided with the Content Editor